The course was established for occupational health and safety personnel who are responsible in Health and Safety (OHS) in workplaces. The training program is designed to provide participants with the management skills, techniques and capacity to reduce or eliminate occupational injuries and diseases at workplaces and hence increase productivity. The course run for six weeks and is divided into two modules of three weeks (15 days) each.
Malengo ya kozi
The objective of this course is to enable the participant to acquire the knowledge, skills, and judgment to function as practitioner in occupational health and safety. The participant will be able to contribute to the development and maintenance of a healthy and safe work environment.
- Introduction to National Occupational Safety and Health Course.
Matokeo ya Mafunzo
Upon completion of the course participants should be able to:
- interpret and advise on legal requirements
- identify and control the health and safety hazards faced by workers at the workplaces;
- be able to develop appropriate and cost-effective interventions measures to reduce or eliminate hazards at workplaces.
- apply risk management principles to anticipate, identify, evaluate and control physical, chemical, biological, ergonomic and psychosocial hazards.
- Collect, manage, and interpret information and data to identify trends and issues in the workplace.
- design, support, and evaluate the health and safety programs
- Manage change by advancing OSH principles within management systems, cultures, practices, and priorities.
- to understand the causes of accidents and hazards facing workers at workplaces and control measures that should be put in place.
The course run for six weeks and is divided into two modules of three weeks (15 days) each.
Tshs 700,000/= per participant per module which will cover tuition fee, training materials and refreshment during the course.
An OSHA certificate will be issued for those who will successfully sit and pass the examination at the end of the module.