Human Resource professionals play an important role in ensuring employee health and safety, as they know the workplace, the employees and their job demands. For the workplace to effective implement the occupational safety and health management systems, Human Resource officers must know when and how to use existing resources to respond to employee concerns. It entails critically the safety culture as part of employment to ensure safer and healthier, hence an individual performance in the workplace.
Occupational Health and Safety Authority (OSHA) in its effort to ensure workplaces compliance to OSH Act, 2003, hereby announcing safety and health training for Human Resource Officers/Managers at workplace.
Malengo ya kozi
The course will provide participants with the knowledge and skills to understand and implementation of safety and health management systems to ensure that everyone in the workplace is aware and fulfilling his/her responsibilities in order to prevent work related injuries and illnesses, but also reducing costs associated with losses due to absenteeism injuries, Workers' Compensation, disability, and health care.
Participants will be familiarized to:
• Concepts and principles of occupational safety and health,
• The need for occupational safety and health records,
• Hazard Identification and preventive measures,
• OHS legislation, Risk Management and Communication,
• OSH management system and its components.
Matokeo ya Mafunzo
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand and apply the basic principles and fundamentals of OSH,
- Foster a workplace safety culture in which employees and their supervisors work together to ensure workplace safety;
- Recruit and retain the best employees who care about their own well being and the well being of co-workers
- Establish procedures for enforcing company safety rules
- Establish administrative approaches that encourage employees to report unsafe conditions and unsafe practices to their supervisors without fear,
- To incorporate the OHS Action plan in the enterprise plans
The course duration is 3 days, including discussions, assignments and study visit.
The course fee is Tshs 200,000/= for 3 days which will cover fee and training materials /booklet.
An OSHA certificate will be issued after successful completion of the course.