Oil and gas industry is growing worldwide. Safety and health management is one of the indispensable components of Oil and Gas industry because activities involved and outputs can pose prominent serious safety and health threats to the workers.
The Oil & Gas industry involves exploration, production processing and distribution of highly flammable & explosive materials. In case of any accident consequences, it could be catastrophic, in terms of several casualties and environmental pollution which in-turn affects the economy and company reputation.
The course is divided into two categories; Safety and health in Oil and Gas industry and Safety and Health in Petrol stations.
Malengo ya kozi
The course is focusing on address and managing hazards in upstream, midstream and downstream through provision of appropriate training and awareness on OSH matters and related issues.
• Introduction to safety and health in oil and gas industry
• Oil and gas hazards and risk assessment
• OHS legislation
• Oil and gas storage and transportation
• Equipment control
• Safety and health management in Oil and gas
• Emergency response strategies.
Matokeo ya Mafunzo
By the end of this course, a student should:
1. Evaluate oil and gas safety and health hazards
2. Select appropriate control methodologies
3. To be able to manage Oil and gas storage and transportation
4. To be able to establish safety and health programs in oil and gas.
The course duration is 5 days, including discussions, assignments and study visit.
The course fees is TShs 300,000/= per participant per category, which will cover tuition fee, training materials /booklet (English), food and refreshment during the course.
An OSHA certificate will be issued after successful completion of the course.